If you have been diagnosed with gum disease, then you need to learn how to reverse periodontal disease naturally in order to reclaim your oral health. There are some key things that you should be doing in order to restore healthy gums and overcome the condition once and for all.
Understanding the Causes of Periodontal Disease
In order to be able to know how to reverse gum disease naturally, you need to have a basic understanding of what it is that causes it in the first place.
Periodontal disease is another name gum disease, which is an umbrella term for a bacterial infection of the gum tissue. This bacterial infection may be mild, in which case it is called gingivitis, or it can be very severe, in which case it is referred to as periodontal gum disease or periodontitis (progressed stage).
Gum disease stems from a build-up of bacteria in the mouth, which over time lead to infection. The bacteria feed on tiny bits of food that are left in your mouth after eating. Normally, the bacteria are kept under control through your daily dental hygiene routine, but sometimes the amounts of bacteria grow out of control and start to irritate the gum tissue.
When bacteria are not removed regularly, harmful material such as tartar and plaque also begin to impede dental health. Plaque is a yellow, sticky substance, which is caused when your saliva reacts with the bacteria in your mouth. It sticks to the teeth and gumì line and exacerbates the infection. When plaque is not removed, it can calcify and become tartar, which can only be removed by a dentist.
Symptoms of Periodontitis You Should Not Ignore
There are several symptoms which indicate you may have developed some level of gum disease. Gingivitis is the beginning stage and Periodontitis is a more advanced stage. Some of the symptoms of periodontitis may include:
- Bleeding gums after brushing your teeth
- Bad taste in your mouth or persistent bad breath
- Receding gums – pulling away from your teeth
- Wobbly or loose teeth
- Abscesses or pus
- Changes to your bite and the way that your teeth fit together
If you do notice any of the above symptoms, then you should visit your dentist immediately to have them make a professional diagnosis. If they determine that you have developed gingivitis (a mild form of gum disease), then you may be able to reverse the condition merely through stepping up your home oral care routine.
If on the other hand, the dentist tells you that you have developed periodontal disease, then you may have to undergo certain dental procedures in order to fully recover your teeth and gum health. When gum disease is allowed to develop for too long without treatment, you may suffer serious consequences. This can include loss of teeth and gum bone and even potential damage to your coronary health. It is important to work with a natural dentist. They will attempt to reverse periodontitis and can accurately measure the pockets in gums reversing to normal levels if all goes well. So can gum disease be reversed? Yes, but it takes teamwork and
How to Reverse Gum Disease Naturally
Regular Dental Visits
Your dentist will assess the severity of your condition and will determine which treatments or procedures will be required to give you the best chance of overcoming the condition. In some cases, you may even need to be referred to a dentist specialized in treating periodontitis.
Some of the treatments offered in order to eradicate the bacteria that are causing the condition and you may also be prescribed antibiotics to assist with this. However, caution should be used since antibiotics can create imbalances in your system leading to such problems as a yeast infection. Other procedures may be focusing on removing the diseased gum tissue and grafting on healthy tissue. In some cases, the gums may have to be reattached or stitched back into place once the diseased tissue has been taken care of. So the dentist will be best able to determine if you need to have periodontal surgery or other types of treatment.
Daily Dental Health Habits
If you want to recoup your oral health and you have developed some form of gum disease, then becoming more vigilant with your home dental routine is essential. This should include:
- Brushing – brush your teeth every day after each meal. This is vital for removing a lot of the bacteria that appear on your teeth and gums after meals and it also removes a lot of food particles that get stuck in your mouth. Brush your teeth for at least two minutes using the correct technique. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush or an electric one with the oscillating head for best results.
- Flossing – you need to remove the food particles that get stuck between your teeth after each meal as they are breeding grounds for toxic bacteria. This should be done at least once every day. Slide the floss between the teeth gently and work the floss up and down rather than back and forth.
- Rinsing – the final step in your daily routine should be using a mouthwash to rinse away the left over bacteria. Avoid buying rinses that contain alcohol as they can damage sensitive gum tissue. It is best to choose natural mouthwashes that are free of harsh chemicals. Spearmint, peppermint, and almond oils (only in the right combination) can be a potent anti-bacterial formula. If you want to know how to reverse periodontal disease with mouthwash, then it is essential to have the aforementioned ingredients. Oramd toothpaste is one example.
- Stop Smoking – Smoking can contribute to dry mouth, which leaves the mouth without protective saliva.
- A Good Diet – Avoid sugary foods and make sure that you are getting the nutrients you need to boost your immune system and fortify your gums and teeth in particular. Talk to a nutritionist.
Periodontitis, advanced gum disease, requires much attention and care. At home, one must follow a stringent home oral hygiene routine to defend your gums and teeth against the daily onslaught of bacteria. In addition to the personal care of the gums, one will likely need professional periodontal disease treatment as well.
Choose an All-Natural Solution that Effectively Kills Bacteria
If you have developed gum disease and you are concerned with how to reverse gum disease naturally, you will need to work together with your dentist to achieve optimal outcomes. You must commit to looking after your oral health at home and following the suggestions of your dentist along with a plan that includes effective oral care products. If you work with your dentist and follow a disciplined plan, then periodontitis can be stopped and put under control. However, some damage may be irreversible. A lot depends on the action you take now before the disease becomes worse.
One of the things that you can do right now, is to choose a natural, chemical-free oral care product that can be used on a daily basis. Most conventional products contain potentially harmful chemicals and ingredients that may irritate an already sensitive gum line. Look for something that will kill the bacteria.
Discover a natural solution that has been proven to eliminate bacteria, the main cause of gum disease, by clicking “MORE INFO.” So go ahead, put these things in practice and start reversing periodontal disease today.